Ocean Hackathon Malaysia 2023
Date: 17 Nov 2023 3:00pm - 19 Nov 7:00pm (GMT+08:00) Kuala Lumpur
Join a team and tackle a challenge!
Take part at Ocean Hackathon Kuala Lumpur and enjoy a stimulating experience as you work as a team to develop solutions that meet the challenges of today and tomorrow!
The 2nd edition of Ocean Hackathon will take place on November 17th - 19th, 2023 in Kuala Lumpur. The winning team from our local edition will take part in the international Grand Finale in Brest (France) on December 19th.
This year, 12 amazing challenges heavily relying on the use of marine and maritime data have been selected for you! All of them aim at
improving our understanding and knowledge of the ocean and rethinking the way in which we relate to our oceans! They are related to marine
science, conservation and protection of the ocean, pollution, climate, sustainable fishing and aquaculture, ports and the coastal
environment, ecotourism, safety and security at sea, etc.
Would you like to check them out? Take a look at the catalog for Kuala Lumpur: https://www.campusmer.fr/cities-kuala-lumpur-4377-19-0-0.html
48 hours to tackle a challenge in a team!
To make up their team, the challenge leaders are looking for teammates with a variety of skills in:
- IT (development, coding)
- Data management (data science, geomatics, modelling, big data, statistics, image processing, cartography, artificial intelligence, etc.)
- Web applications (UX, graphic design, mobile applications)
- Marine sciences (oceanography, biology, ecology, physics, biotechnology, climate and meteorology, chemistry, environmental sciences, etc.) and geography
- Human sciences (law, history, economics, etc.)
- Business and management
- Marketing, communication and scientific mediation (education, scientific dissemination, etc.)
- Graphic design
- Art (music, dance, photography, etc.)
- Maritime professions (fishing, seafaring, etc.), tourism, etc.
Whether you're an undergrad, a researcher, a PhD student, an artist, an economist, a business person, a diver, a member of an ONG, a tourist
professional… Ocean Hackathon® is for you! Dive in and join this friendly and purposeful international event!
“I’m interested, how do I go about it?”
- Discover the catalog of challenges : https://www.campusmer.fr/cities-kuala-lumpur-4377-19-0-0.html
- Register through the official Ocean Hackathon platform: https://evenium.events/xukmcl91
- VALIDATE YOUR REGISTRATION ASAP BY PAYING THE FEE (65 RM) through the link below.
- Send your proof of payment to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Get more information, follow now
Official Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ocean.hackathon.malaysia
Official Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ocean_hackathon_kl/
Payment of the registration fee
(Please do not make the payment until completing the registration process on the Ocean Hackathon platform and
receiving an e-mail – see instructions above)
You have the option to make a payment on behalf of another participant; however, kindly ensure that you provide the participant's information below, which should match the details on the Ocean Hackathon's registration platform.